Monday 11 April 2011

risotto with grilled chicken




Risotto with bacon topped with grilled chicken , parmesan and spinach! Risotto is one of my favourite dishes, especially as the weather gets colder its comforting and tasty. I fry half a red onion chopped with crushed  garlic cloves and diced bacon. Once the bacon looks cooked I add 2 teaspoons of butter and arborio rice (as much as you think you want to eat) and fry for a further 2 mins. Using salt reduced chicken stock I add a dash of it into the pan and stir, I reduce the heat repeat this step over and over again, letting the rice absorb the juice, stirring  until the rice is cooked and seasoning along the way. In a separate pan I grill chicken breast pieces seasoned with pepper. Once risotto is cooked ( I like to turn the heat off and let it sit for a few minutes) dish it up, place chicken on top, dash of baby spinach and sprinkle of parmesan cheese! 

No comments:

Post a Comment