Sunday 8 May 2011

My adapted version of Jamie Oliver's "Jools's favourite beef stew" (just for Bridge)





As the chilly weather is creeping up on us , I thought this meal would be the perfect way to end the week .. it also meant that we could have some for lunch the following day ! Casseroles, stews are never the prettiest meals to eat but they sure are tasty and hearty. But what really bought this recipe to my attention was the previous day my friend Bridge told me how she accidently bought the wrong cut of beef for her stir fry and the beef she had used was in fact casserole meat, so this is just for her... next time she accidently buys the wrong cut of beef she can put it to good use by following this recipe.  This recipe is from one of  my Jamie Oliver books but you can also get it on line http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/jools-s-favourite-beef-stew. I was a bit naughty and didn't stick to the exact recipe.... I didn't use sage leaves, instead used broken up sage seasoning and served it with mash potatoes instead of having the potatoes in the stew. I found that though I began the cooking process to the exact recipe , I infact needed to add extra beef stock and red wine over the 4 hr period. After 4 hrs of patiently waiting for the meat pieces to soften to the point they broke apart at a stab, she was ready  to serve! Served on a soft, creamy mash with sage and butter, side of steamed beans and broccoli... she really was the perfect way to end the week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment